Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Going with the Flow

"The Climate Is Changing And I Have To Change Along With It"

Hecate writes: I won't hate the warming planet. I won't cry over the lost plants. I will love this Earth in whatever stage she finds herself, however she changes, whatever she does to try and balance things out.

I don't want to find myself - like some people that I notice - who want to pretend that it makes no difference what they do. They intend to consume as much as ever. On the other hand - it can be depressing to see extreme changes and death and destruction to species. New species are found, others are lost. Some will be lost before they are ever found (by people).

It is amazing to think that in my life are such catastrophic changes as the Arctic Ice melting. Every day there are more and more stories about how odd it is - how warm so far into December. Plants blooming all over the place. I always hate it when plants bloom too early and then don't bloom in the spring. The fruit trees were all in bloom the first time we saw the house where we live now. But in the few years since then - it has been sporadic, at best.

But Hecate is right - if you love nature - you love it - even when there are upheavals. Going with the flow.

No comments: