Tuesday, August 29, 2006

"Beyond Hope"

I saw this by Derrik Jensen linked over at Hecate and I think that it makes a lot of sense.

"When you give up on hope, you turn away from fear.

And when you quit relying on hope, and instead begin to protect the people, things, and places you love, you become very dangerous indeed to those in power."


While I can see where such an attitude can have it's advantages - at least for some people - I think that there are people who respond very badly to not having hope. Drinking, for instance. Or an attitude that if you screw things up for other people or yourself it doesn't matter.

But I think that in general - that if a person can let go of fantasies (as Jensen suggested) - of one sort or another - that keep someone trapped in one box or another - that that can be empowering and somewhat liberating.

No comments: