Thursday, August 17, 2006

Some Artists Out There

I decided to go in search of some artists - here are a few finds:

William Kentridge of South Africa



"I have never tried to make illustrations of apartheid, but the drawings and films are certainly spawned by and feed off the brutalized society left in its wake. I am interested in a political art, that is to say an art of ambiguity, contradiction, uncompleted gestures, and certain endings; an art (and a politics) in which optimism is kept in check and nihilism at bay."


_________________

Byung-Hun Min from Korea



"Nature in Korea is rather small, delicate and sensitive to me. I come closer to it much more easily. And I try to see it with a serene state of view.

My goal is showing a new way of view with a traditional technique of black-and-white photography, especially with its characteristics, but not in the old-fashioned way because it can be easily looked at as a worn-out thing."




_________________


Eggert PĂ©tursson from Iceland




“One can easily get lost in the details without ever achieving a complete perception.”

No comments: